The Optical Networks product family provides cost-effective, scalable and flexible solutions to meet operator needs today and in the future.
Simple, scalable, superior performance
A high-quality consumer experience is a prime objective for service providers. Fundamental to this is the network’s data-transmission speed, which continually increases to meet demand. The optical network provides the highest scalability for speed, and network operators incessantly mine more capacity from their greatest asset – their network infrastructure. Also, network operators must cost-effectively and efficiently support every service type over their optical network. Ericsson’s optical transport portfolio helps operators address all these issues.
- SPO 1400 family of Packet Optical Transport Platforms
- MHL 3000 family of DWDM Multiservice Platforms
- Optical Network Planner.
- Portfolio of products focused for each network segment and application
- Simple and virtually unlimited capacity scalability
- Industry-leading capacity density and power profile
- Lowest total cost of ownership for metro network modernization.
Ericsson has more than 400,000 optical network elements deployed with more than 400 customers. We hold more than 1,000 optical patents and are pioneers in 100Gbps and 1Tbps transmission.
SPO 1400 Family
At some point, every telecom service transits the metro network. Operators are continuously upgrading their metro capacity to meet the unyielding demand for video, mobile broadband and cloud-based services. For low total cost of ownership (TCO), operators require metro convergence, ensuring that all services flow over one network and one platform with one management system. For IP services, the converged network must be simple and scalable, with superior performance. At the same time, operators need to modernize existing multi-technology networks effectively to a single optical packet network for all services. The Ericsson SPO 1400 product family helps you tackle all these challenges.
The Ericsson SPO 1400 is a family of multi-service and optical packet transport solutions for Metro networks comprising
- SPO 1410 POTP – Metro Access/Aggregation
- SPO 1460 POTP – Metro Access/Aggregation and Core
- Hybrid Packet-TDM/OTN-WDM architecture
- Lowest TCO for metro modernization and convergence
- Connection-oriented Ethernet with MPLS
- MEF 9- and 14-compliant
- MEF CE 2.0 certified for E-Line and E-Access
- Legacy TDM-based service support
- Simple and easy WDM scalability
- Highest capacity density and lowest power profile
- Service rates from E1 to 100GE
- Support LTE MBH and data center connectivity
Marconi MHL 3000
Multi Service WDM Platform
The Marconi MHL 3000 product family is a single DWDM platform offering network simplicity and efficiency, best-in-class performance and operational synergies from edge, to metro and core applications.
A single, highly optimized and flexible realization enables MHL 3000 product family to easily scale from cost-efficient edge configurations to high-performing core solutions, delivering any service over any network at any rate.
The MHL 3000 product family can be configured in any number of physical and logical network configurations – linear, ring and mesh – whilst its associated in-service scaling capability allows phased network builds and/or other changes in configuration to be made, in line with evolving business demands. The MHL 3000 offers the following networks solutions:
- MHL 3000 provides a single and flexible WDM solution for any network applications with opex and capex savings
- Offers a unique modularity, high density and flexibility – for any business need
- Provide synergy among all applications with opex savings
- Provides fully transparent optical switching – dynamic and flexible networking, reducing regeneration costs and simplifying service provisioning
- Benefits customers with full Optical Transport Networking (OTN-G.709) –Carrier-class networking including end-to-end performance monitoring
- Provides “plug and play” (optional) functionality, complemented by the Control Plane – designed for easy network maintenance
- Multiservice delivery, with unique bandwidth optimization for any type of service: SONET/SDH and Data – and offer a unique integrated solution for 2.5G, 10G up to 40Gbit/s with high performing modulation format (ODB, DPSK, RZ DQPSK, Inverse Multiplexing)
- Product and management integration with Marconi OMS family
- Provides a wide range of protection options with 1+1 OSNCP and restoration configuration for delivering reliable services
- Metro C/DWDM passive
- Metro DWDM OADM
- Metro DWDM ROADM
- Multi-Reach Core DWDM
- Extended Single span